top of page

Off-Road Riders

Public·27 members

Buy Beef Direct From Farmer

When I was growing up, my parents bought meat from Safeway and other grocery chains. There was meat at most meals, at least twice a day. We ate a lot of chicken, some lean beef and pork. I never saw any of those animals alive. I was aware that there were ethical issues with animal welfare in the meat industry, but I tried not to think about it.

buy beef direct from farmer

When all else fails, try the internet. New online platforms like CrowdCow and Barn2Door connect consumers directly to farms. Meeting online is convenient for both farmers and consumers, but the farmers get a lower premium on their meat, since the web host takes a cut.

My parents have ended up in a middle ground like this. Even though their daughter is a meat farmer, they buy meat from the grocery store about half the time. Industrial meat is best for dishes that will disguise the lower quality flavor, like casserole and pasta sauce.

The beef community has a long-standing commitment to caring for their animals and providing families with the safest, highest-quality beef possible. The Beef Quality Assurance (BQA) program trains farmers and ranchers on best practice cattle management techniques to ensure their animals and the environment are cared for.

Fast forward a couple of years, store shelves seem to be back to normal. But people still want to connect with their local farmers and ranchers, and still want to buy local beef, and this resource is still here to serve!

The beef directory purpose is to connect consumers directly with cattle farmers to purchase beef. If you would like to make a change to your directory listing, please contact Betty Haynes at [email protected]

Our beef is shipped frozen in a completely curbside recyclable insulated package via UPS, directly from here in Idaho to anywhere in the continental U.S! We use dry ice to keep it cold during transit so it arrives on your doorstep nice and cold!

When you buy beef from Ozark Prime Beef, you can trust our cattle is born, raised, fed and processed by traditional standards and methods. All natural beef raised without added hormones, pastured in the foothills of the Missouri Ozarks, and grain finished to deliver premium quality and delicious taste.

Our cattle are humanely raised and pastured in the beautiful rolling foothills of the Ozarks. Free range grazing ensures our cattle roam freely outdoors. Low-stress methods of raising and finishing affect beef tenderness and flavor. So buy beef from our network of quality producers and feed your family the best.

Give the gift that every beef-lover craves and take the anxiety out of deciding what to send friends and family. Your loved ones an rest assured that meal time means quality beef from a trusted source!

Discover the exquisite taste of pasture-raised beef from our Wisconsin farm, brought to you by two third-generation farmers who are passionate about their craft. After realizing that farming was in their blood, these two brothers returned to their family operation in 2010. Today, in addition to running their dairy farm, they offer steak and meat box delivery straight from their pasture to your doorstep.

As a buyer, when looking to purchase meat products directly from a farm there are several points to consider. First, consider your meat preferences, including the cuts or types of meat you like. Location and price are also considerations. Spend some time researching the farms in your area, because livestock production systems differ and that could influence your choice. Perhaps you prefer to support a small, local producer instead of a larger, regional livestock operation. The great thing about buying directly is that you decide which farm is best for you! In North Carolina, 1,335 farms and individuals have meat handler licenses, which allow them to sell meat directly from the farm or at farmers markets.

When you buy food directly from a farmer, you support local and global food supplies as well as businesses and families in your community. Buying meat and other food products from local farms, whether small or large, allows you to truly connect with your community and your local food sources. Lastly, producers are always willing to educate buyers about their products and operations.

Buying beef directly from a local farmer or rancher often involves purchasing a half or quarter share of a live animal. Understanding roughly how much beef you will receive and the choices you will be able to make about cuts is key to having a great experience and getting the value you seek.

Like the farmers and ranchers who choose how best to raise their cattle for beef, you have choices when it comes to the beef you buy. You may see a variety of statements that reflect different production practices. Learn more about what these mean and make informed purchasing decisions.

We offer whole beef, 1/2 beef, individual packages of all primal cuts, including ground beef. All of our finished beef is grass fed. Our herd is mostly Angus crossbred with an approximate 20% contribution from Hereford and Charolais seed stock.

About Us: At Cross O Meats we not only provide our customers with the larger 1/8, 1/4, and 1/2 options, but we also provide the very popular variety packs that fit the needs of all family sizes and tastes buds. Our mountain raised beef is raised right here in the high elevations of central Idaho, grazing on rich mountain grasses and drinking from fresh mountain springs, you don't get more natural than this! Dry-aged and finished to perfection with local non-GMO barley gives our beef a premium tenderness and taste that you'll only find comparable at top high-end restaurants.

About Us: Here at Big Canyon Beef we provide USDA inspected, wholesome, delicious individual cuts of beef, such as rib steaks, T-bone steaks, Tomahawk steaks, hamburger, patties, and a few choice roasts. We also provide 1/4's, 1/2's, and whole beef for the customer who wants to buy in bulk. You can now order online and we will ship directly to your door or if you are close enough we have scheduled bi-monthly drop off points around our region. Our cattle are either fed hay or out on grass.

We offer bulk beef in 1/8, 1/4, 1/2, and whole beef sizes. Expert sourcing of hormone-free beef from local farms by a 4th generation Idaho cattleman. Free delivery in Northwest Idaho. Cutting and wrapping included.

These days, buying beef direct from the farm generally means you will get pasture raised, grass fed beef. This beef can be organic or non-organic as well as antibiotic and hormone free or not and any combination of these characteristics. Grass fed beef can be a little more expensive than grain fed beef and the health benefits of each are the subject of current debate. To fully understand the product you are buying, talk to the farmers and find out how they care for their herd. As with fresh produce, buying fresh meat from the farm is seasonal and most farmers require advance reservations for your purchase to ensure availability. Some farmers also encourage farm visits for you and your family so you can really get to know where your food comes from.

The beef and chicken that I picked up from BBR last weekend is absolutely the best meat I have had in so long. The beef and chicken were tender, juicy, and full of flavor! When I saw the meat thawed out I could immediately see and smell the quality. I am so impressed with my order.

I searched for a long time before settling on a farm to purchase grass fed beef from and so far we are very happy with the meat we received from Beaver Brook. We wanted a smaller, local family farm that took pride in their work. Stefan was great to work with and always answered any questions we had. We will definitely be ordering from them again.

My son-in-law recommended me to Beaver Brook Ranch to get the best tasting beef, not only as a treat to enjoy on my taste buds, but also to treat my body to a healthier food source. It has been a wonderful experience to do business with Stefan, owner of the ranch. He is very friendly, an excellent communicator and eager to please his customers. From the first contact ordering our 1/4 beef share, it gave me the pleasure that I did the right thing in getting the best beef available. The process from placing my order to picking up my share was just a matter of getting it processed by the butcher, which when picking it up was nicely boxed in vacuum sealed packages. All I had to do was to make my initial deposit and wait for an email saying, your share is ready to be picked up. I understand they also provide delivery service.

Thank you Beaver Brook Ranch for the selection of meat provided. Purchased 1/4 beef package and you can tell this is high quality meat. My wife and I appreciate the selection of meat we can choose from our preferred personal choices and the packaging is perfect for our small family.You can count on us as future customers. Stefan and his dad Helmut were a pleasure to deal with!

My son-in-law recommended me to Beaver Brook Ranch to get the best tasting beef, not only as a treat to enjoy on my taste buds, but also to treat my body to a healthier food source. It has been a wonderful experience to do business with Stefan, owner of the ranch. He is very friendly, an excellent communicator and eager to please his customers. From the first contact ordering our 1/4 share, it gave me the pleasure that I did the right thing in getting the best beef available. The process from placing my order to picking up my share was just a matter of getting it processed by the butcher, which when picking it up was nicely boxed in vacuum sealed packages. All I had to do was to make my initial deposit and wait for an email saying, your share is ready to be picked up. I understand they also provide delivery service. 041b061a72

bottom of page